Friday, April 21, 2017

First Renfrew Mini Capsule

Well after completing my 5 Renfrew tops it was time to make the separate I wanted to pair with it.  Keeping in mind that I wanted a small summer capsule that I could mix and match with all 5 Renfrew tops. 

I decided that I wanted to go with a maxi skirt, but I wanted something that was not full.  After combing through my stash of patterns, I decided to go with Simplicity 1367 https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/65601.  This was a slim skirt with what I think looks like a yoga waist band that folds over, and has a slide slit.  There is not much to making this skirt, it went together with no hiccups.  The only alterations I  had to make was of course cutting serval inches off for my height of 5'.   For me the waist band was a little to thick, so I will make a smaller waist band. Simplicity patterns, the size fits me pretty well without to many alterations like McCalls, and Butterick. 

I think this will get a lot of wear, to mix with my other Renfrews.  This was the first maxi skirt I have worn since I was 10 years old.  Always thought since I was only 5' they would make me look dumpy, but I think this turned out ok. 
 Trying to copy like Angelina Jolie's famous pose.    The slit was just the right length on this skirt.
Prior to this skirt I did a short muslin form this pattern to gauge the waist band and to possibly pair with one of my Renfrew that I almost tossed.  Will be writing about that next...my almost disaster but turned around. 

Well as always thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. A very smart skirt. And if you are only 5 foot tall, just make the most of it! A slim skirt works, a full one would widen you and that would make you look shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz! So true we have to work with what we have, and a full skirt is not for me.

      Delete
  2. Cute maxi skirt.. This will be wonderful to wear with your new tops.. Looks pretty on you. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete