Wednesday, April 19, 2017

5 Renfrews and 1 Laundry Day Tee

Finally back since my "lead fingers" from accidently deleting some of my past posts trying to see if I could move them.  Its all good, actually I feel like this is a fresh start on my journey from where I am now and where I'll be.   So this will be a new chapter so lets get started.

I don't know why it has taken me so long to get on the Sewaholic Renfrew  band wagon.  I completed just not one but 5 Renfrews as a part of a mini mix and match collection I'm working on.  For each Renfrew, I will be making a companion piece to go with the collection, and will post them as I go. 

Also I have decided to join in with Ms. Faye's top sew along, and to join you can find more info here:  http://fayessewingadventure.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2017-04-11T18:48:00-04:00&max-results=7.   I tried to figure out how to add the button, however gave up since I was tech challenged.  I go back and figure it out later. 

So here are my 5 Renfrews: 

 I am quite please with this pattern.  There were not adjustments for this pattern, unlike when I use a pattern from the Big 4.  The shirt calls for a band around the bottom, but I omitted it.  This will be my go to pattern when I want a pull over knit top or tee shirt.  I will be making the cowl neck option in the winter.  This pattern comes highly recommended, and glad I finally got on the "Renfrew band wagon"


In between sewing my Renfrews, I needed a breather, so I cut out a Laundry Day Tee.  I made on during the winter in black, but it did not photograph very good so here is a better picture.  This is a very good quick sew if you need to get back in the sewing mojo or just want a cute little tee dress.  The Laundry Day Tee (LDT) is from Love Notions and can be found here :  https://www.lovenotions.com/product/laundry-day-tee-xs-xxxl    Now you can get this pattern for no cost if you join Love Notions facebook page, as there is a code pinned on their main page.  On thing to be aware of if you down load pattern there are 2 different armcycles.  The original is for smaller arms, and the updated one is for larger.  I first down loaded the original and worked for me. 

The pattern comes in a tee and tunic length (as well as different sleeve lengths), since I wanted a dress I added 4 inches.   There were not additional adjustments made, which is always a win win for me. I'll be making a few more of these, they are so easy to wear just throw one on and a cute little pair of flats and you are ready to do.
 And what is trying to get a picture without my photo bomer granddog.  The weird face if from him coming by and licking my hand and taking off.  Never a dull moment with that dog.
Up next will be my first companion pieces for one of my Renfrews, another top for Ms. Faye's top sewalong, or a remake on this lovely top Simplicity 1062: 


As always thank-you for stopping by and until later!


9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you (and your granddog) back. Cute tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy fresh start with your blog! 5 tops!, I AM SO IMPRESSED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Faye. The Renfrew is really a top that really doesn't take much time.

      Delete
  3. So sorry you lost your blog post...but happy for the new start.. What a fantastic start---5 tops.. wow!!
    Love them.. I never did the renfrew.. not sure why? I guess i forgot.ha
    Proud you've joined the sewalong with Faye.. She is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, Yes, while loosing my past posts was a bummer, its kind of nice with a fresh start. The Renfrew is such a nice pattern to sew, the fit was great with no alterations, and after the first one I had a assembly line. It sews up fast. Ms. Faye is the best, and such a sweet lady like you!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, a fresh start can be good. And in any case, there is little you can do about it, so you may as well be positive. Lovely little collection of knits, and you look nice as well - I think you have changed your hair colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah Liz, and so right there is nothing I can do but just move forward. No haven't done anything different to my hair, maybe just the sun making it look lighter. But that's a though going a little lighter for summer time.

      Delete