Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Kwik Sew K4169.....A New Go To Pattern

I have a new go to pattern Kwik Sew 4169, will it did not begin that way.  My first version was not so much a flop but with all the alterations, I got somewhat discouraged.  I cut the size out according to my size, and knew this would be a muslin, however I wanted a wearable muslin.  Well things don't usually turn out the way you want in construction, and sometimes its back to the drawing board.  My first version was way to big around the arm hole, and I had to take it up quite a bit, plus the waist line was way lower than what the picture showed.  I went back and forth, and I just decided to finish it, and be done.  So here is my first version, and its going to be finding a new home.  The waist does not sit at my waist like the pattern shows.  Very discouraged but...........

 Back to square one.  I cut out a smaller size, and the fitting was perfect.  The waist line is where it needs to me, and not the arm holes fit perfect, plus I did not need to take in the sides any.  So here is my new version, and I am very pleased.
 Its hard to see the details with this print, but trust me the waist line is correct.
 This is the perfect dress for Texas fall....one day its hot and the next there is a nip in the air.  So many different ways to pair it up.
 Getting geared up for Fall sewing and up next is Simplicity 1693.  There are different versions of this pull over top, I choose the basic neck line with the 3/4 sleeves.  On this pattern I did not have to make any alterations, I cut the size out per my measurments, and it was a perfect fit.  I have noticed Simplicity patterns are true to size at least for me.
 This is going to be another go to pattern, and I highly recommend it.
 Well I was back in New Orleans and I had to stop at one of my favorite fabric store.  It is always such a treat to stop there, and hard to spend to much money.  I'm on a budget, and so told myself I would only buy fabric that I did not have  or anything similar.
 I walked out with this beauty.  Thinking about making a wrap top out of it.  Any other suggestions are welcome.
I always enjoy visiting with Mr. Herbert, the owner he is full of so much history.  He told me a little tibbit....that is you use a tablespoon of white vinegar in the pre wash...it will keep the fabric from fading.  Will be trying this out when I prewash....have you heard about this before?  

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the world!

16 comments:

  1. The animal print dress with that red cardigan is absolutely spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute fall clothes!!! Especially like the leopard dress paired with the red sweater! You definitely got the perfect fit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new dress is looking rather sassy there, it's a wonderful fit. I've heard of using table salt in prewashing to set the color but never heard of viniger-but worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try this. I'm going to try it too, have done research and it is suppose to work.

      Delete
  4. Love, love your dress and the blouse is really cute.. You found a really cute pattern.. Love when they finally turn out.. But, when it starts with frustration, It makes me ready to throw it , as far as I can..lol.. Proud you didn't do that..
    The fabric is beautiful.. Can't wait to see it.
    I had never heard about adding vinegar to the prewash. I am definitely going to try it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps
    I tried to find your contac info on your blog [email address] So I could email you.. but don't see it??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oops.... Forgot to give you my email address , so you can email me yours..
    sewblessedmaw@gmail.com
    thanks, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just sent you an email...looking forward to sending the material and being a part of Emily's sweet creations.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you had a learning experience, but at least now you have some idea of what size you might need with quick sew. I save all my old knit tshirts to make a quick toile to check fit. The second dress though is perfect, and I can just see the seam at the waist, and it is spot on. The blouse is gorgeous. And so is your new fabric. I haven't hear about the vinegar tip, but it is worth a try isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz. I know once you find a perfect fit complimented with the right pattern its a win/win.

      Delete
  8. YES YOU ARE MISSED!!! Where are you? I didn't know you had an Esty Pattern shop until this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Faye I've been around, just wondering if this blog thing is worth it? Yes ma'am gotta to support my obsession with fabric and patterns.

      Delete