So this is my very first Saltspring sundress and was so excited to get started. This year I decided to not purchase anymore patterns or fabric and to shop my stashes both fabric and pattern. For my fabric stash I decided to use up my fabric that I had the longest. Quirkey I know, but I've got a system.
With the hot humid Texas spring upon us, I decided to pull out Sewaholic Saltspring pattern and pair it up with a jersey knit black and white polka dot fabric. The Sewaholic Saltspring dress is a fully lined bodice, elastic waste dress with a flared skirt with spaghetti straps Before I cut the pattern out I decided to look at Pattern Review to if the pattern ran large, ect. I did see that some had omitted the zipper to due the blouseness of the pattern. I decided to cut out my normal size pattern, however had to down size as I was sewing the pattern. Omitting the zipper was something I also did since this had plenty of ease in the patterni itself. Something else I decided not to put in this dress was the pockets. Since I'm only 5' tall and this pattern had a semi-full skirt, I did not want any bulk arount my waste/hips.
Thats all I have for now....let me know what you think.