Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throw Back Thursday.....and I Mean WAY BACK

I was going through some old photos...and I found this photo of me WAY back in the day.  This was taken at my Sophomore year sewing class fashion show.  I sewed the jacket and pants...I loved this outfit.  The fabric was brushed denim in faded blue and the pattern was so detailed.  I even had to install D-rings and tabs.  Look how young I was and the terrified look on my face.  We had to walk the run way but I must say I looked good! 




Those were the days...but I have to say I am back into my sewing groove.  I have two McCalls 6844 Cardis completed and am so pleased with the way turned out.  Will put pics up when I can get my photographer to take some pics. 

7 comments:

  1. How cute- I remember this sort of look too, it was lovely - and look at your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz. I loved those shoes and would like to find another pair.

      Delete
  2. What a great photo! You were pretty then, but you are beautiful now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture that carries wonderful sewing memories. Can't wait to see your cardis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Faye, and yes wonderful memories indeed. Cardi pic soon to join your Cardi party!

      Delete
  4. That's a great outfit and what an adorable pose. Is it just me or did we all "seem" much more innocent back then? I'm glad you have your sewing mojo back. Once you get out of the groove it sure is hard to get back into it. But once you get going again it sure feels good. I even love the smell of my hot iron. I'm weird!

    ReplyDelete