Saturday, January 4, 2014

Yea! Completed 6844...and its a keeper

It feels so great to have this one completed.  I will be using this pattern again, just making a smaller size.  It does run large.  Even though I altered for the petite size, I think next time I will shorten the hem line, as it was a little to long for me.  Its alittle big, but thats ok since this is a layering piece.  Very pleased with the way the fabric sewed up. 

Sorry for the photos, it was a very blustry and cool day, and add the fact I'm not photogenic.  Trust me it takes 30 pictures just to fine one that turns out. 


Well this is the only one that will upload.  I have this problem often, only certain photos will load and others will not...ugh

Oh well would highly recommend McCalls 6488...and I will be making this one again! 

11 comments:

  1. Well its wonderful! Love that print too. I guessed wrong on the size for my first one and went down a size on the second. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Faye! I am going to make another one later this month. Yours ain't to shabby either!!!!

      Delete
  2. You did an excellent job. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, the jacket as well as you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda! Sure nice comment to boost confidence.

      Delete
  4. Yes, the jacket is great, looks lovely, and believe me, you look lovely in photos too. Now the technical side, I agree, that is a problem. But just relax and smile - you have a lovely naturalness and openess in your face, and that always photographs well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz, and I have to say I have worn this jacket alot. Also, thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  5. You look wonderful! I just began working on this pattern today. I'm really excited now that I've seen yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet yours will turn out fantastic. Can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  6. I love this jacket.. beautiful fabric too.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete